In der Übersicht
The primary object of the course is to introduce participants to the global economy in the context of doing business across borders. In particular the course has the following specific objectives:
- To learn how to serve customers in international markets by taking a local business global.
- To immerse oneself in another culture, set of values and business practices.
- To increase awareness of the cultural aspects impacting business across borders and to examine the ethics involved in cross border transactions.
- To gain understanding of how people in other countries live and develop business strategies to meet these needs.
- Students learn about the issues involved in entering foreign markets, global production, and application of marketing tools in a new market.
A successful product in one country does not guarantee success in another. International business has become a significant world trend, today every industry is affected no matter how small. Understanding this global phenomenon is fascinating and relevant for all actors doing business across borders regardless of the size or type of organisation.
This course is designed for business and non-business students who would like to know more about how business works across borders; how to sell products in a new market, consider the culture of the consumers, do buyers want the same products all over the world, pricing in new markets. It will be paced to accommodate the diverse background of the participants. Practical applications constitute the backbone of this course, and the course is designed to challenge students with unique problems and situations.